Alamo Transfer Fees
Handguns/Long guns (Title 1)
$79.99 (per item)
NFA (Class 3)
All Customers: $125 (per item)
Alamo Shipping Fees
Handguns & Long guns: $60 first item
Actual shipping cost will apply for multiple items as discussed with Transfer Agent
*** By law, handguns MUST be shipped 2-Day Air
*** Long guns are shipped ground unless otherwise specified by the customer
*** Insurance is available at $1 per hundred-dollar value on items shipped
*** Items shipped to Hawaii and Alaska will incur actual shipping cost
*** Transfer fees will apply to firearms NOT purchased at the Alamo
*** Newly purchased firearms from the Alamo being shipped within 30 days will not incur transfer fees (shipping fees will apply)
ALAMO TRANSFER POLICIES
- For the efficient processing of incoming transfers, it is vital that the receiving customer’s name and contact number be included with the firearm(s). If information is missing it can cause a delay in the person receiving their transfer.
- Please note that receiving a delivery notification from UPS/USPS/Fed Ex DOES NOT mean that the item(s) is ready for pickup. All transferred firearm(s) will be available for pickup ONLY AFTER the customer has been contacted by one of The Alamo Transfer Agents. We will notify the customer by either email, text, or a phone call to the number on file. If there is no answer, a voice mail will be left and a note will be placed on the customers file. Transfer agents will only make 1 attempt to contact the customer and it is up to the customer to follow up.
All incoming transfers will be processed in the order that they are received. Transfers are only processed Tuesday – Friday. Our transfer agents strive to process transfers within 48hrs of receipt (weekends & holidays NOT included), however this is not always possible during high volume periods.
- Customers have 30 calendar days to pick up transferred firearms, unless other arrangements have been made between the customer and the Warehouse Manager. Customers that have not picked up by the 30th day will be assessed a $10/per-day storage fee PER FIREARM until either the firearm has been picked up or the value of the firearm or the cost of labor has been reached. Once the storage fee exceeds the cost of labor and/or the value of the firearm, the firearm(s) will be considered abandoned and will become the property of The Alamo. See abandoned firearms policy below:
- abandoned firearm policy.
Transfers from Private Individuals
- The Alamo accepts incoming transfers from FFL dealers and Private individuals. For the efficient processing of incoming transfers, it is vital that the receiving customer’s name and contact number be included with the firearm(s).If information is missing it can cause a delay in the person receiving their transfer.
Picking up Your Transfer
To pick up your transfer you must have the following:
- A valid Florida driver’s license or any issued Florida State ID with your current physical address on it, as required by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE)
- Other acceptable proof of Florida residency such as: Florida motor vehicle registration, Florida voter registration card, Florida hunting or fishing license.
- FDLE requires a 3-5 business day waiting period (excluding weekends and holidays), depending on county of residency for pickup of all handguns, rifles and shotguns, unless a valid Florida Concealed Weapons/Firearms License is presented along with the aforementioned IDs.
- The Alamo provides the service of shipping outgoing transfers for our customers. By law, the Alamo can only transfer firearms to another FFL dealer and handguns must be shipped 2nd Day Express. Long guns will be shipped ground unless otherwise specified and paid for by the customer.
- When a customer purchases a firearms from The Alamo and wishes to ship it out within 30 days, only a appropriate shipping fees will apply. Transfer fees will apply to all firearms not purchased at The Alamo and firearms purchased at The Alamo shipped after the aforementioned time period.
- The Alamo ships all firearms with UPS exclusively and insurance is available at the cost of $1 per hundred dollar value. For the protection of the firearm(s) being shipped, it is preferred that customers bring the firearm in the original box/packaging, or an aftermarket soft or hard case, however we will accept firearms without them. The Alamo will provide packing materials and shipping boxes as part of our transfer service.
- Firearms shipped to Hawaii and Alaska are subject to actual shipping costs and extended delivery periods.
- For the efficient processing of outgoing transfers, the following information is required:
- Customers name, address, and contact number
- Photocopy of customers driver’s license
- Name and contact number of the person receiving the firearm
- Name, contact number, and state of the receiving FFL
- Amount of insurance if desired
- A tracking number will be sent if an email address is provided
- The Alamo Transfer Agents are highly proficient at working with lawyers, executors, wills, and trusts. Please contact the Warehouse Manager at [email protected] for answers and appropriate direction to accommodate your needs during this sensitive time.